Events, Workshops, and Class Registration
- DANCE FITNESS CLASS: (Every Monday and Wednesday from 7:30 – 8:30 pm) Come join our newest exercise instructor Julie Hoang for Dance Fitness! This high-energy workout combines upbeat international music with unique choreographed routines that allow you to dance away your cares and burn from 600 to 900 calories per class. Julie will be leading this exciting cardio workout that we promise will get you hooked! Best of all, you will achieve long-term health benefits from moving that body. Come prepared to sweat! Only $5 per class!!
- PHYSICIANS’ KITCHEN: this six week series focuses on healthy eating and food preparation using seasonal foods. Food-as-medicine doctors Nicole Farmer, MD, and Carrie Runde, ND, are passionate about healthy eating and its powerful effects on the body. They created this series to teach you the basics of whole food nutrition. Each session starts off in the classroom and moves into the kitchen for cooking demos, recipe discussion and sample tastings. Students receive materials and recipes to take home. (This course runs every Tuesday evening from 5:30 – 7:00 pm beginning April 7th – May 12th).
- 4 WEEKS TO BETTER SLEEP: Sleep is often underappreciated for its critical role in the state of our general wellbeing and health. Come to this fascinating series, led by psychotherapist Katherine Wright-Desai to understand more about the essentials of good sleep hygiene, including learning what type of sleeper you are, tips for getting to sleep so you wake up feeling refreshed, and plans for optimal sleep success. Sleep well for life! (This course runs Thursdays from April 16th – May 7th, from 10:00 am – 11:30 am OR 5:45 pm – 7:15 pm).
- REIKI SECOND DEGREE CERTIFICATION COURSE: During this second level class, students learn the Reiki symbols and mantras, and their meanings. Students use these tools to focus their healing techniques to affect mental and emotional issues. They will learn to clear negative energy out of rooms and send Reiki distantly to anyone, anywhere, anytime. Taught by Reiki Master Tammy Godette, this class is part lecture, discussion and direct experience. (Requires completion of Reiki First Degree. Wednesday, April 29th, from 1:00 pm – 7:00 pm).
- ADVANCED MINDFULNESS MEDITATION: this is a NEW four week course that extends the curriculum of our first Mindfulness Series under Dr. Amanda Skowron’s guidance. Topics to be covered include Metta “Loving Kindness” meditation; the practice of the Silent Sit; walking meditations in the Casey Health labyrinth; and Pranayama breath work. Expand your mindfulness toolbox with these practices to achieve deeper peace in your life. (Completion of the Mindfulness Series is required, or approval from the instructor. This course runs every Tuesday from 5:30 – 7:30 pm beginning April 28th – May 19th).
- aCHIeve WEIGHT LOSS 4 LIFE: Our Weight Loss 4 Life program addresses every aspect of an individuals’ s life in order to ensure long-lasting weight loss that is maintained through lifestyle change. Our Naturopathic Doctor, Nutritionist, and Health Coaches will be there to educate, guide, and hold you accountable to the weight loss plan that best suits you. (Begins in May . . . Call the Wellness Center for details!)
aCHIeve Weight Loss 4 Life Program
Traditional diets that focus on calories don’t offer long term success or greater overall health, and who likes being hungry anyway? Casey Health Institute (CHI) has created a successful weight loss program that focuses on helping you regain your overall health and aCHIeve your ideal weight through integrative lifestyle medicine. Last year we successfully delivered the program to our first two cohorts of patients, all of whom reached their health goals and regained energy and vitality that has reshaped their lives. We are now offering this on-going program again starting in May!
Unlike traditional weight loss programs that tend to focus on short term weight loss, our three-month clinical weight loss program is based on 4 core components:
- Lifestyle medicine group classes that teach you how to apply the lifestyle medicine changes you will learn into everyday life, identify social struggles you may face when making nutrition and lifestyle choices, and create a weekly plan for success.
- Structured and interactive weekly group sessions led by members of our CHI integrative medicine team so you surround yourself with a community of like-minded people who are on a similar journey towards long-term health.
- On-going integrative medicine clinical oversight and support as you are transitioning into your new healthy lifestyle.
- Weekly experiential classes that will teach you yoga for weight loss, mindful eating, fitness, and real food nutrition.
In addition to these 4 core components, aCHIeve Weight Loss offers:
- Weekly check-ins with a health coach to help keep you motivated and prioritize your goals
- Ongoing body composition analysis, including body fat percentage, to learn more about what is going on under your skin
- A detailed food plan with menus and healthy recipes
- A fitness prescription and an activity monitor to help you become more active
- Targeted and customized nutritional supplementation options
- Access to the CHI Wellness Center’s classes at a special price
We all know that long-term weight loss isn’t as simple as calorie counting and aerobic exercise. It takes a whole-person approach that utilizes the best of integrative medicine. Luckily, that is what the Casey Health team specializes in!
aCHIeve Weight Loss 4 Life Program & Costs
1st 1st month:
- Body Composition Analysis
- Mindfulness CD
- Program Guidebook and Cookbook
- Naturopathic doctor one-on-one visit for dietary recommendations and lab review
- Health coach one-on-one visit for program orientation and goal setting Classes
- Nutrition For Weight Loss Class (1st Wednesday of each month, 5:30-6:30p)
- Fitness for Weight Loss Class (2nd Wednesday of each month, 5:30-6:30p)
- Mindful Eating Class (3rd Wednesday of each month, 5:30-6:30p)
- Yoga for Weight Loss Class (4th Wednesday of each month, 5:30-6:30p)
- Weekly Group Check-in Sessions (every Wednesday, 6:30-7:30p)
- Protein Powder*
- Activity Monitor*
- Cost: $425-$618**
SSubsequent Months (months 2+)
- Body Composition Analysis
- Weekly support from health coach
- Integrative program oversight by naturopathic doctor
- Protein Powder*
- Classes: Weekly Group Check-in Sessions (every Wednesday, 6:30-7:30p)
- Cost: $80-$168**
Program Boosters: (optional add-ons to customize the program you need most)
- Yoga Class Discount
- Fitness Class Discount
- Wellness Workshops Discount
- Yoga for Weight Loss DVD
- UltraMeal Protein Bars
- Health Coaching One-on-One Visits
- Naturopathic Doctor One-on-One Visits
- Protein Powder*
- Activity Monitor*
- Cost: $425-$618**
*These items are essential to the aCHIeve program. There is flexibility in type and sourcing depending on participant preferences.
**Price range reflective of the flexible nature of some essential items in the program. See above.
1st (This program is potentially eligible for some flex spending accounts)
For More Information About the aCHIeve Weight Loss 4 Life Program, Click Here to Sign Up or call 301.355.2030
Staff Commentary, Insights and News
Casey Health news and updates about our integrative primary care practice, The Wellness Center, in the form of blog observations from our senior leadership and professional staff, as well as news of interest for the Casey Health community, please click here.
Keeping You Healthy
The Wellness Center at Casey Health Institute partners with our primary care practice to help you not only become well, but to stay healthy! “Wellness” can have many different meanings, but here at Casey, we consider wellness to be a dynamic, rather than a static condition. We feel that wellness it is a process of attaining health in mind, body, and spirit by engaging in positive daily habits, such as exercise, relaxation, sleep, and stress-control, by maintaining good personal and social relationships, and by having a sense of purpose and meaning in your world.
In our state-of-the art facility, we offer a wide range of wellness programming to bolster your health, no matter what its current state. Whether your health is generally good, or you’re dealing with chronic issues, or even if you’re currently in treatment, your overall wellness is of central concern to all of us at Casey Health.
Integrative Health Activities
These therapies, also part of our primary care clinical practice, provide great benefits for enhancing and strengthening overall health and wellbeing, especially when you are feeling fine and want to stay that way.
Our wide range of informative and engaging wellness programs are designed to educate and reinforce key lessons on how individuals and groups can adopt and maintain healthy behaviors. Daily life can present challenges to maintain balance and a sense of wellbeing. Our offerings can help you maintain this balance. We offer Iyengar yoga and other movement and fitness classes; wellness
workshops on topics such as nutrition, mindfulness, stress management, the mind-body connection and healthy lifestyle; and wellness coaching. All of our
offerings are designed to enrich our clients’ experience and support them as they strive to lead healthier, happier lives.
Health Coaching and Wellness Enrichment
Our Wellness coaches help you create customized personal and family wellness plans. They partner with you to provide the support, inspiration and information you need to make lasting change in your health behaviors so you can achieve your health goals. These personalized wellness plans go hand-in-hand with your primary care plans as our providers and practitioners work collaboratively to meet each patient’s needs. Wellness Coaching can be done on an individual or group basis.
In our role as a non-profit community organization, we work with other organizations and groups in our community on projects and partnerships that help to create a local environment favorable to prevention and wellness.
Referrals to our Primary Care Clinical Practice
If you decide that visits to The Wellness Center have not helped with a minor or nagging health issue, and you need more attention, our staff will facilitate a referral to our primary care physicians.
Current Schedule for Wellness Center Classes
For the current schedule of Wellness Center classes and workshops please click here.